13. What always brings tears to your eyes?
I gotta say, I’m not a crier. It takes a lot to get me to cry. Unless I’m PMSing, then I cry at like everything, so let’s not count that, k.
- The end of Return of the King.
Are you kidding me? I can’t handle Sam’s face. Frodo’s strength. So by “brings tears to your eyes” this one for me is more like “sobs like a child”
- The music that goes with THAT part of the movie. (Seriously, I just listened to it and thought I could get through it. I can’t.) Listen to it, I dare you. It’s called “The Grey Havens.” Oh you didn’t cry? Monster.
- Also this part of Fellowship of the King…
5. The last few pages of Me Before You by JoJo Moyes. Also all the movie trailers for it.
6. The death scene of Romeo and Juliet. (Reading mostly, but sometimes watching one of the movie versions.)
7. My wedding vows.
8. Other people’s wedding vows. -Seriously, I am a MESS at other people’s weddings.
I might edit this as I think of things… but 8 it is.. Don’t judge me, y’all.
2. Thirty things that make you smile
- Hearing the door unlock after 7:00a because it means my husband is home.
- Opening the blinds and filling my apartment with sunshine.
- Organizing my bookcase and seeing the beautiful end result.
- Picking out a new book to read after finishing my last one.
- When my husband smiles out of the pure joy of getting to see me.
- When someone buys me a doughnut.
- When someone offers to brings me Starbucks or surprises me with it.
- Drinking Starbucks.
- Hearing the words “thank you”
- When someone holds the door for me.
- Looking at pictures of the day Allen proposed
- The first weekend in November in Delaware/PA when the fall colors are at their peak
- My mother’s witty comments
- Soft serve ice cream cones
- Satirical articles and videos mocking Donald J. Trump
- Hot mug of coffee that I get to enjoy sitting at my table.
- When someone I love texts me and says, “Let’s hang out.”
- The Office / Parks and Rec / Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- A clean house/apartment
- Proper use of sarcasm and wit.
- Finding a note that my husband wrote and hid for me to find as a surprise (i.e. lunch box note)
- Hearing the song I walked down the isle to.
- Knowing I can go to sleep and I do not have to set an alarm
- My own clever tweets
- When people comment on my social media posts
- When I’m having an amazing hair day
- The thought and reality of vacation/traveling.