This is Alyssa, and I’m speaking for both of us here, but we’re so glad you’re here! Over the next 30 days, Liz and I are going to write EVERY day for 30 days. We both love to write (read more about that here) and want to get better at it. Better at the whole words putting into sentences thing.
Because we’re Type A planners, we’ve put together a list of prompts to help us out because this challenge is going to be… well, a challenge. Here’s the list, so you can keep up if you’d like:
- Something with which you struggle
- Make a list of 30 things that make you smile
- Something that is part of your routine that you enjoy
- Something in life that gives you balance
- Discuss some of the things on your bucket list
- Write about your best friend (not significant other) and what makes them special
- Something that shook your belief system to the core (a big disappointment in your life)
- Discuss a spontaneous moment in your life that turned out to be fantastic
- Your favorite moment of the day and your least favorite moment of the day
- Discuss something you planned that ended up not being what you expected
- If I could talk to my teenage self, I would say….
- Name what is enough for you
- What always brings tears to your eyes?
- Write about your first love – whether a person, place or thing
- “Write a list of questions to which you urgently need answers”
- What’s surprised you most about your life or life in general?
- Make a list of everything you’d like to say no to.
- Make a list of everything you’d like to say yes to.
- Name three places that make you feel whole
- A band/musical artist whose music impacted your life
- Discuss your favorite movie and why it’s so important to you
- Write the words you need to hear
- List your greatest comforts
- Write a letter to someone who pisses you off on a regular basis
- Write about your most prized possession.
- 3 things you need to stop doing.
- Describe a tradition you have (family, holiday, personal, etc…) and why it’s important to you
- 10 things you’re grateful for
- Something you regret not having done last year
- Write a letter to yourself
We can’t wait to go on this journey with you! And if you’re so inclined, feel free to find out more about us at our own individual blogs. (Links are up top)
Liz and Alyssa